This training prepares construction professionals to understand the application of passive building techniques — airtight enclosures, high-performance window installation, passive design strategies, field quality assurance, and site management.
- Applied building science fundamentals and materials
- High performance building enclosure systems with an emphasis on field inspection
- Air barriers and passive building retrofitting
- Climate-specific detailing
- High performance mechanical systems
- Passive building ventilation strategies
- Cost optimization, bidding, project management, and economics
- Quality assurance and quality control strategies
- Phius Certification requirements
The course offers real-world insights into on-site implementation as well as insight on both the practical and business concerns specific to high performance and zero energy building. It covers not only craftsmanship, but also risks and liability to the Phius Certified Builder and guidance in both problem-solving and (more importantly) problem avoidance.
AIA (American Institute of Architects)
Earn 32.5 HSW units
BPI (Building Performance Institute)
Earn 12.75 CE credits
Earn 32 Phius CEUs