PHIUS+ Verifier Training
Eversource, a sponsor of Energize Connecticut, offers 50% cost reimbursement for PHIUS accreditation training for up to two professionals per company per training. Learn more and apply here.
Massachusetts Project Teams
You may be eligible for partial reimbursement for training fees from the Mass Save project. Click the logo for more information, and you can apply using this form.
Verifier Training Earns
|14 RESNET CEU||18 CPHC CEU|
Passive building is growing, and the fastest-growing market segment is multifamily housing (affordable and market rate) and commercial buildings. This training prepares third-party Quality Assurance and onsite verification professionals to understand the application of passive building and verification principles for multifamily and commercial projects pursuing PHIUS+ Certification.
Some topics include:
- Large building enclosure integrity design strategies
- Passive building mechanical/ventilation systems
- On-site verification of passive building construction features
- Large building/multi-fan blower door testing protocols
- Additionally, students will learn the specific requirements of the PHIUS+ Multifamily Certification Standard v2.2.
This training is open to the public. However, to become a Phius Verifier, you must apply to take an exam. The application requires proof of QA/QC experience and credentials. To be eligible, you should possess some combination of the following experience:
- Professionals with low-rise residential energy efficiency certifications such as RESNET Rater or BPI Analyst, with at least some experience in verification of multifamily buildings.
- Professionals with on-site verification experience working on ENERGY STAR High Rise, LEED for Homes Midrise, and/or NYSERDA Multifamily Performance Program projects.
- Professionals with architecture, engineering, building science, construction management, or other similar experience who have background knowledge and experience in high performance design, construction, and on-site verification for multifamily buildings.
Once you complete the training, you must apply to take the exam, for a separate fee. You'll receive information about the exam when you complete the training.
Typically, this training is delivered in two parts: self-paced online modules followed by 9-hours of live online instruction. Upon registration of the program, students will receive a login to the PHIUS Training Portal. The self-paced modules will become available 2-weeks prior to the live instruction start date.
(Certified Passive House Consultants (CPHC®) are eligible to become PHIUS+ Verifiers, however they cannot verify their own projects.)
Note: The next training in New York is the first in person training since 2019! It includes a day of classroom study, followed the next day by a site visit. You must register by October 14 and complete roughly 8 hours of online material before the in-person sessions.
* Per NYC requirements, you'll have supply proof of vaccination.
|Location||Dates||Final Sign-up Date||Times||Fees|
|Oct 18 - 19||October 14||8:30 AM - 5:00 PM EST||Alliance Member: $525
Register for the training below. Training registration is open, but you must apply before registering for the exam. Exam application follows.
- Alliance Member: $525
- Non-Member: $625
Maintaining the PHIUS+ Verifier Credential
PHIUS+ Verifiers will be issued a yearly email requesting that they re-submit the annual Verifier agreement to PHIUS. Any questions or issues should be reported to PHIUS as soon as possible by emailing email@example.com. A nominal maintenance fee will be billed on a yearly basis starting on January 15, 2018. One listing fee will be due per professional regardless of the number of certified credentials held by that professional. (For example a CPHC® who is also a Builder, will be subject to a single maintenance fee.)
The fee will help maintain and improve the listing database and assist in the development of the continuing education programs for all professionals.
In order to maintain/extend their standing, a Verifier must complete and return the annual Verifier agreement to PHIUS at the beginning of each year (January 15th) and must complete one (1) of the following activities:
- Verify a PHIUS+ Certified Passive Building project. In combination with submitting the annual Verifier agreement, this will extend the current expiration date to January 15th of the next year.
- Attend the 2-Day Core Conference at the annual PHIUS North American Passive House Conference. In combination with submitting the annual Verifier agreement, this will extend the current expiration date to January 15th of the next year.
- Attend and complete the PHIUS+ Rater/Verifier Webinar and online quiz offered in December. In combination with submitting the annual Verifier agreement, this will extend the current expiration date to January 15th of the next year.
- Attend the PHIUS CPHC training. In combination with the annual Verifier agreement, this will extend the current expiration date to January 15th of the next year.
If Verifier Certification Expires:
- A Verifier who fails to meet one of the above requirements by January 15th of each year will be removed from the Verifier database and their credential will no longer be considered valid.
- A Verifier whose certification status has expired can reactivate certification by taking and passing the current Verifier exam.
Alliance Member: $525