Upgrade your knowledge and credentials in half the time. And at half the cost.
If you weren't certified by PHIUS, you haven’t actually earned the CPHC® credential (which is a registered trademark of Passive House Institute US). To remedy that, PHIUS now offers a special program for PHI-certified professionals who want to upgrade their knowledge and earn the CPHC® credential.
PHIUS vs PHI Training and Certification:
The accelerated program covers three critical gaps between PHIUS and PHI training and certification:
- Designing for a cost-optimized, climate specific standard derived wholly differently than the Passivhaus standard.
- Modeling performance using WUFI Passive, a powerful software tool that provides dynamic modeling, hygrothermal performance and comfort analysis. On the business side, WUFI Passive helps manage risk, and provides powerful reporting tools that help communicate the value of building passive. (The PHI certification requires no modeling training.)
- Implementing third-party quality assurance throughout the design and construction processes.
PHIUS has worked hard in partnership with the U.S. Department of Energy and Building Science Corporation to write standards co-promoted by the Department of Energy, based on research we did with Building Science Corporation to account for all eight climate zones in North America. Only professionals who’ve earned the PHIUS CPHC are equipped to account for climate specific conditions and cost-optimize for climate specific certification.
Accelerated PHIUS CPHC Program:
Under the accelerated, low-cost PHIUS CPHC training/certification path:
- PHI/Passive House Academy-certified design professionals to obtain PHIUS CPHC® status in roughly half the time and half the cost of the full CPHC program.
- Currently certified (as listed on the PHI web site) professionals take one, 3-hour online module—compared to 48 hours for the full online. (Enrollees get access to the full 48 hours of online training for four months. PHIUS instructors continually update the online curriculum, so it’s a great refresher course.)
- Enrollees must still attend the full in-class session at the location of their choice.
- Class fee is $850—less than half the cost of the full program.
- The certification exam (normally an additional $300) is included.
CPHC® is a registered trademark, and the CPHC credential is the leading passive house design credential in the industry. PHIUS-trained CPHCs have been part of the design teams for 95% percent of all passive projects certified in North America since 2017.
If you’re a PHI certified professional, the accelerated program is a great opportunity to join the CPHC community. To apply:
- Complete this online application form.
- Once accepted to the program, use the registration form below to enroll and pay.
|Location||Class Dates||Online Exam Date||Take-Home Exam Due Date (4-weeks after In-Class Exam)|
Online May 2020
|May 4 - 22||May 23 / 24||June 21|
Online June 2020
|June 8 - 26||June 27 / 28||July 26|
Online July 2020
|July 25 / 26||Aug 23|
|Online September 2020||Sept 14 - Oct 2||Oct 2 - 4||Nov 1|
|Online November 2020||Nov 2 - 20||Nov 20 - 22||Dec 20|
Powered by Wild Apricot Membership Software