Free version now available!
Download WUFI Passive Free or purchase the full version of WUFI Passive 3.0
You can order WUFI Passive software online directly from Fraunhofer IBP's Web shop.
- To download WUFI Passive 3.0 Free, follow these instructions for downloading WUFI Passive Free at the Fraunhofer Web shop. Note: You willl be required to establish an account at the Fraunhofer site in order to get WUFI Passive Free.
- Licenses for the full-featured WUFI 3.0 are also available for sale at the Web Shop. WUFI Passive licenses are available in one-year, three-year, or 10-year periods, and include automatic updates for the license duration. Participants in the PHIUS CPHC Training and the standalone WUFI passive training receive a free, eight-week license to use WUFI Passive.
WUFI Passive Training
PHIUS offers WUFI Passive workshops for CPHCs and other professionals who have a solid grounding in energy modeling and/or the other WUFI products from Fraunhover. For more information, visit the WUFI Passive program description page.
WUFI Passive, from Fraunhofer IBP, is a powerful user-friendly passive energy software modeling tool that is uniquely suited to the North American market.
WUFI Passive 3.0 now includes the PHIUS+ 2015 Climate Specific standard.
And now, with the release of WUFI Passive 3.0, a free version is now available at no charge:
- WUFI Passive Free has all the functionality needed to model and certify a project through the PHIUS+ program.
- Follow these instructions to download WUFI Passive Free from the Fraunhofer Web Shop (you must register for a free user account at the Web Shop).
- WUFI Passive Free will not include the certain advanced features such as user defined database entries, results export and hygrothermal analysis capabilities for components. Licenses for the fully featured version of WUFI® Passive are available for purchase from the Web Shop.
WUFI Passive combines passive building energy modeling with WUFI’s famed hygrothermal analysis power--which is essential to preventing moisture issues and to optimize for cooling/dehumidification conditions.
- It offers the ability to switch between static modeling and dynamic modeling for a project, critical to many scenarios, particularly commercial projects where use patters vary substantially, and in highly variable climates.
- Toggles seamlessly from metric to inch-pound units, with no cumbersome workarounds.
- Employs a robust, user-friendly graphical user interface that works with Google Sketchup
- Provides the power to quickly generate high quality reports and graphic outputs of the results to communicate to clients.
New to version 3.0:
- PHIUS+ 2015 climate specific certification criteria
- Updated inputs for lighting and plug load calculations
- Advanced geometry import options
- Exhaust air appliance calculations
Updates and new features of the hygrothermal dynamic simulation:
- Inter-zonal airflow model
- 3D-thermal-bridge calculation
- Parallelization for improved simulation performance
Fraunhofer IBP collaborated with PHIUS and Owens Corning to develop WUFI Passive. Using PHIUS data and expertise, developers were able to produce a tool suited to North America's varying climate zones. WUFI Passive dramatically improves the quality and efficiency of the design process for Certified Passive House Consultants (CPHCs). Since 2013, PHIUS CPHC training has included in-class session on WUFI Passive. PHIUS also offers standalone WUFI Passive training (see sidebar).