Submit a Project for Certification
Documents: Getting Started
Download and review the following Multifamily documents for more information:
Additional Tools and Resources
PHIUS has assembled the following resources including WUFI Passive support, calculators, protocols, and other tools to aid in modeling and certification of your passive project:
Submit a Project for PHIUS+ 2015 Certification
Please register your project as early in the design process as possible to allow time for full design review and consultation during the design stage, and to accommodate on-site QA/QC protocols. Contact the Certification Team at firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions.
Step 1: Pre-Process Paperwork
- Review the PHIUS+ Certification Guidebook, which includes energy modeling protocol, as well as vapor control recommendations and other technical details.
- Review and sign the PHIUS+ Certification Contract, available by request from email@example.com.
- Remit signed contract by email to firstname.lastname@example.org or by mail to:
PHIUS, Attn: PHIUS+ Certification
116 West Illinois Street, Suite 5E
Chicago, IL 60654
Step 2: Register & Pay
- Register using links below (see Fee Structure details below).
- Payment may be made online (PayPal), or via mail by including the invoice received upon completing registration.
Step 3: Create a Project
- Log into the PHIUS+ Project Database using your CPHC login credentials.
- If necessary, PHIUS will create an account or give you access to submit the project if you do not already have login credentials. PHIUS trained CPHCs will have already received their login details upon becoming certified.
- Create a new project entry. This project entry will not become publically visible until the project is pre-certified, so do not worry about entering project details at this time.
- Once the project entry has been created, PHIUS will create a DropBox folder for the project and invite the Submitter to the folder. The Submitter may invite other members of the project team to the folder as well.
- Upload project documentation into the appropriate sub-folders within the DropBox.
- Once documentation is ready for review, please inform PHIUS (email@example.com) that all documents have been prepared and uploaded to the DropBox.
- Only once all documentation has been received and PHIUS has been notified will the project be added to the Project Certification Review Queue.
- Please remember that a project review cannot begin until payment and an executed contract are complete.
* NOTE: All projects registered with PHIUS after September 15, 2015 must certify under the PHIUS+ 2015 Passive Building Standard. Please click here for effective dates of all PHIUS+ Certification requirements.
|iCFA||0-2,500 ft2||2501-4500 ft2||4501+ ft2||Hourly Rate|
|PHIUS Professional (CPHC, Builder) & PHAUS Member||$1,275||$1,700||Custom*||$125|
*For projects 4501 square feet and larger, a custom quote is required. To request a quote, please email firstname.lastname@example.org and provide the estimated iCFA (see Section 126.96.36.199 of the PHIUS+ Certification Guidebook v1.1).
Here are estimated fees for larger buildings:
|iCFA||10,000 ft2||20,000 ft2||50,000 ft2||100,000 ft2||200,000 ft2||500,000 ft2|
|Base Fee||$4,000||$6,7 50||$11,875||$16,250||$21,875||$33,125|
|PHIUS Professional (CPHC, Builder) & PHAUS Member||$3,400||$6,150||$11,275||$15,650||$21,275||$32,525|
CPHCs that are also PHAUS Professional Members receive a 15% discount, up to $600.
Non-Profit Organizations such as Habitat for Humanity are eligible for a larger discount, by request.
PHIUS+ Feasibility Study
Unsure if PHIUS+ Certification is feasible for your project? Need to supply documentation to government, funding, or granting agencies to demonstrate that your project can meet PHIUS+ standards? Order a Feasibility Study!
Powered by Wild Apricot Membership Software
|Effecive Date||2007||2013 Jan1||2015 Mar1||2015 Sep15||2016 Jan1||2017 Mar1|
|Space Conditioning Performance Req.||PHIUS Old Std.||PHIUS Old Std. or PHIUS+ 2015||PHIUS+ 2015|
|Source Energy Req.|
|Single Family On-Site||PHIUS Work-Sheet||PHIUS+ v3.0.2|