PHIUS Certified Data for Window Performance Program
Sourcing windows for a passive or other high-performance building project?
See the listing of PHIUS Certified Data for Windows. For each window listed, you can download a certificate with climate specific recommendations and comprehensive data about the window. You can also download THERM files for each.
- PHIUS Certified Data for Windows Listing
- IECC Climate zone map for reference
Note that on the certificate for each window, the climate zone labels differ slightly from the IECC map as follows:
- Certificate label 2 East = Map label 2A
- Certificate label 2 West = Map label 2B
- Certificate label Marine North = Map label 4C
- Certificate label Marine South = Map label 3C
Are you a window manufacturer or supplier?
We encourage high-performance window manufacturers to participate in the PHIUS Certified Data Windows.
- Doing so benefits manufacturers and their customers, and can aid passive house adoption in the United States and Canada
- The program is intended to simplify and grow the North American market for high-performance windows, giving passive house designers, construction professionals, and their clients a wider range of confident choices of windows by climate zone.
If you are a manufacturer who wishes to submit your product for the program, download a full description of the program and application here.
Climate Zone Recommendation Criteria
- PHIUS ratings are determined for specific combinations of frame, glazing, and spacer edge seal, using EN-673, EN-410, and ISO 10077-based calculation methods. PHIUS recommends (but does not warrant) products for use in various climates, based on thermal performance.
- Whole-window installed U-values are calculated including a nominal installation thermal bridge coefficient of 0.026 W/m.K (0.015 Btu/h.ft.F).
If you have questions: Graham Wright, Senior Scientist and Chair of the PHIUS Technical Committee, email@example.com
You may also find this blog post helpful.