Submit a Project for Certification
Documents: Getting Started
Download and review the following Multifamily documents for more information:
Additional Tools and Resources
PHIUS has assembled the following resources including WUFI Passive support, calculators, protocols, and other tools to aid in modeling and certification of your passive project:
Discounted fees are available for PHIUS CPHCs and PHAUS members. Learn more about PHAUS membership.
PHIUS CPHCs who are also PHAUS Pro-level members:iCFA = interior conditioned floor area
0 - 2500 sq. ft. iCFA - $1,080
2,501 - 4,500 sq. ft. iCFA - $1,480
PHIUS CPHCs, Certified Builders, CPHCs-in-training or Builders-in-training (but not a PHAUS member):
0 - 2500 sq. ft. - $1,282.50
2,501 - 4,500 sq. ft. - $1,757.50
Standard Fees for Project Owner, Non-CPHC:
0 - 2500 sq. ft. - $1,350.00
2,500 - 4,500 sq. ft. - $1,850.00
For Projects above 4501 SF iCFA, or for unique building types, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for pricing.
Non-profit organizations such as Habitat for Humanity are eligible for a larger discount. Contact email@example.com for details.
Note: These fees do not include PHIUS+ Rater/Verifier fees. Project teams must contract separately with a PHIUS+ Rater/Verifier.
Submit a Project for PHIUS+ 2015 Certification
Please register your project as early in the design process as possible to allow time for full design review and consultation during the design stage, and to accommodate on-site QA/QC protocols. Contact the Certification Team at firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions.
Step 1: Pre-Process Paperwork
- Review the PHIUS+ Certification Guidebook, which includes energy modeling protocol, as well as vapor control recommendations and other technical details.
- Review and sign the PHIUS+ Certification Contract, available by request from email@example.com.
- Remit signed contract by email to firstname.lastname@example.org or by mail to:
PHIUS, Attn: PHIUS+ Certification
116 West Illinois Street, Suite 5E
Chicago, IL 60654
Step 2: Register & Pay
- Register using links below (see Fee Structure details at right).
- Payment may be made online (PayPal), or via mail by including the invoice received upon completing registration.
Step 3: Create a Project
- Log into the PHIUS+ Project Database using your CPHC login credentials.
- If necessary, PHIUS will create an account or give you access to submit the project if you do not already have login credentials. PHIUS trained CPHCs will have already received their login details upon becoming certified.
- Create a new project entry. This project entry will not become publically visible until the project is pre-certified, so do not worry about entering project details at this time.
- Once the project entry has been created, PHIUS will create a DropBox folder for the project and invite the Submitter to the folder. The Submitter may invite other members of the project team to the folder as well.
- Upload project documentation into the appropriate sub-folders within the DropBox.
- Once documentation is ready for review, please inform PHIUS (email@example.com) that all documents have been prepared and uploaded to the DropBox.
- Only once all documentation has been received and PHIUS has been notified will the project be added to the Project Certification Review Queue.
- Please remember that a project review cannot begin until payment and an executed contract are complete.
* NOTE: All projects registered with PHIUS after September 15, 2015 must certify under the PHIUS+ 2015 Passive Building Standard.
PHIUS+ Feasibility Study
Unsure if PHIUS+ Certification is feasible for your project? Need to supply documentation to government, funding, or granting agencies to demonstrate that your project can meet PHIUS+ standards? Order a Feasibility Study!
Powered by Wild Apricot Membership Software