12th North American Passive House Conference (2017):
The Path to Zero Source Energy
Sep 27 - Oct 1 in Seattle, WA
Call for Papers is now closed.
Real Results • Science + Design • Climate-Specific Building Science Solutions
NAPHC is the leading passive building conference for climate-specific zero energy design, construction, and building science expertise.
- Pre-Conference: September 27 – 28, 2017
- Core Conference: September 29 – 30, 2017
- Passive Projects Tour: October 1, 2017
Passive House Institute-US is pleased to open the call for papers/workshops for the 12th Annual North American Passive House Conference & Conference Proceedings Publication. (Call for papers is closed.)
Proposals should focus on:
- Deep building science topics/passive building best practices
- Technological developments, systems and materials innovations
- Case studies in all climates with all construction types: Single, Multifamily (lo, mid, hi), commercial, retrofits, source-zero projects
- Latest policy and financial tool developments
- Passive source-zero buildings + renewable grid-solutions
- International climate-specific passive building solutions
Submit an abstract to NAPHC2017 using the form below
If selected, you will be asked to expand your abstract into a 5–6 page paper and present a 35-minute presentation at the Core Conference or lead a half-day/full-day workshop during the Pre-Conference.
Your final paper will be included in the annual Conference Proceedings publication.Alternate presentation structures, such as hootenannies, panels, etc, will be considered.
Each track will be assigned a moderator.
- Abstract Submission Deadline: April 28, 2017
- Notification of acceptance status: Late May
- Registration deadline for presenters: June 16
- Initial draft of paper due for Tech Committee review: June 30
- Tech Committee review notes returned: July 28
- Final paper due for Conference Proceedings: August 28
- Presentation slides must be submitted for review: September 18
- Present your findings at the 12th Annual North American Passive House Conference in Seattle: September 27-30, 2017
Please use the form below to submit your proposal, including the following:
- Abstract (500 words max.)
- Learning Objectives (at least 2)
- Presentation Structure: explain if you propose a 35 minute presentation, panel, hootenanny, or a longer workshop
- Presenter bio, including affiliation and professional title (300 words max.)
- Additional Presenter (max. 2 presenters per 35 minute presentation)
- Additional Presenter’s bio, including affiliation and professional title
Comment: use this field for any other details you would like us to know, or to suggest an alternate presentation structure.
Check the box at the end of the form to receive a copy of your submission.
Questions? Email us: email@example.com
Call for papers is closed. Thank you to everyone that submitted! Please see the Conference Site, now live, for more information on presenters, workshops and registration!