PHIUS+ Rater Training
This 2-day training includes one day of classroom work with a second day spent in the field demonstrating advanced testing and inspection protocols for the PHIUS+ Passive Building Standard certification program.
- Enclosure integrity design strategies
- Passive building mechanical/ventilation systems
- On-site verification of passive building construction features
- Airtightness/blower door testing protocols
The course concludes with an exam. Successfully completing the course and exam qualifies the trainee as a PHIUS+ Rater.
Please note that Certified Passive House Consultants (CPHC®) are eligible to become PHIUS+ Raters, but cannot rate their own projects.
To Be Announced
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions.
Admission Requirements and Registration
Admission is not guaranteed. Candidates should possess some combination of the following experience:
- Professionals with low-rise residential energy efficiency certifications such as RESNET Rater or BPI Analyst.
- Professionals with on-site verification experience working with ENERGY STAR, LEED for Homes, and/or similar programs.
- Professionals with architecture, engineering, building science, construction management, or other similar experience who have background knowledge and experience in high performance design, construction, and on-site verification for single-family residential buildings.
Apply for Admission Today
1. Send an e-mail to email@example.com and include the following:
- Resume or CV describing relevant experience and/or professional certifications, as well as details about your current company (if applicable) and current RESNET/BPI status and standing (if applicable).
- Proof of liability insurance.
- Current/past providers’ contact information with dates of when they were your provider.
- Example report of a rating that you presented to a client.
2. After your application has been reviewed, you will receive an email with your admission status.
3. Once admitted, use the registration form below to enroll and pay the registration fee.
Fees and Registration
Powered by Wild Apricot Membership Software