PHIUS+ Verifier Training
Passive building is growing, and the fastest-growing market segment is multifamily housing (affordable and market rate) and commercial buildings. This 2-1/2-day training prepares third-party Quality Assurance and onsite verification professionals to understand the application of passive building and verification principles for multifamily and commercial projects pursuing PHIUS+ Certification.
- Large building enclosure integrity design strategies
- Passive building mechanical/ventilation systems
- On-site verification of passive building construction features
- Large building/multi-fan blower door testing protocols
Additionally, students will learn the specific requirements of the newly released PHIUS+ Multifamily Certification Standard v2.0 for performance and on-site verification of multifamily buildings pursuing certification under the PHIUS+ program.
The course concludes with an exam. Successfully completing the course and exam qualifies the trainee as a PHIUS+ Verifier.
Please note that Certified Passive House Consultants (CPHC®) are eligible to become PHIUS+ Verifiers, however they cannot verify their own projects.
New York, NY
June 25 - 27
September 18 - 20
December 3 - 5
Please email email@example.com with any questions.
Admission Requirements and Registration
Admission is not guaranteed. Candidates should possess some combination of the following experience:
- Professionals with low-rise residential energy efficiency certifications such as RESNET Rater or BPI Analyst, with at least some experience in verification of multifamily buildings.
- Professionals with on-site verification experience working on ENERGY STAR High Rise, LEED for Homes Midrise, and/or NYSERDA Multifamily Performance Program projects.
- Professionals with architecture, engineering, building science, construction management, or other similar experience who have background knowledge and experience in high performance design, construction, and on-site verification for multifamily buildings.
Apply for Admission Today
- Send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org and include your resume or CV describing relevant experience and/or professional certifications as well as proof of liability insurance.
- After your application has been reviewed, you will receive an email with your admission status.
- Once admitted, use the registration form below to enroll and pay the registration fee.
- PHAUS Member: $575
- Non-Member: $625
Please apply for admission following the instructions above. Once you have received an acceptance email from email@example.com, proceed to registration and payment below.
Powered by Wild Apricot Membership Software
Maintaining the PHIUS+ Verifier Credential
PHIUS+ Verifiers will be issued a yearly email requesting that they re-submit the annual Verifier agreement to PHIUS. Any questions or issues should be reported to PHIUS as soon as possible by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org. A nominal maintenance fee will be billed on a yearly basis starting on January 15, 2018. One listing fee will be due per professional regardless of the number of certified credentials held by that professional. (For example a CPHC® who is also a Builder, will be subject to a single maintenance fee.)
The fee will help maintain and improve the listing database and assist in the development of the continuing education programs for all professionals.
In order to maintain/extend their standing, a Verifier must complete and return the annual Verifier agreement to PHIUS at the beginning of each year (January 15th) and must complete one (1) of the following activities:
- Verify a PHIUS+ Certified Passive Building project. In combination with submitting the annual Verifier agreement, this will extend the current expiration date to January 15th of the next year.
- Attend the 2-Day Core Conference at the annual PHIUS North American Passive House Conference. In combination with submitting the annual Verifier agreement, this will extend the current expiration date to January 15th of the next year.
- Attend and complete the PHIUS+ Rater/Verifier Webinar and online quiz offered in December. In combination with submitting the annual Verifier agreement, this will extend the current expiration date to January 15th of the next year.
- Attend the PHIUS CPHC training. In combination with the annual Verifier agreement, this will extend the current expiration date to January 15th of the next year.
If Verifier Certification Expires:
- A Verifier who fails to meet one of the above requirements by January 15th of each year will be removed from the Verifier database and their credential will no longer be considered valid.
- A Verifier whose certification status has expired can reactivate certification by taking and passing the current Verifier exam.